Proper garage door maintenance is essential to ensure that your garage door is functioning properly and safely. The following are some tips for proper garage door maintenance:
- Regularly check and adjust the rollers and track to ensure that they are aligned properly. This will help prevent the garage door from getting out of alignment, which could lead to a fall or injury if the door were released suddenly. Rollers can also become worn over time, causing them to wear unevenly, increasing the risk of damage when the door closes on an object.
- Check all cables for fraying or broken areas, as well as any exposed wires that may not be properly covered with protective tubing or cables installed by a professional technician. Any exposed wires should be repaired immediately before they cause damage to your vehicle or other electrical devices in your home.
- Inspect all hardware on your garage door opener regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as corrosion, rusting, or deterioration due to neglect over time. Newer models use replaceable parts instead of mechanical ones like older ones did, but even these may need repairs at some point in time if they aren’t maintained properly or if they become damaged.
- Make sure the door is level. A slight tilt can cause your garage doors to not close properly or even open too quickly. This can be fixed by adjusting the rollers and springs, but if this isn’t done soon enough, you may need to replace them altogether.
- Check for metal fatigue on both sides of the tracks and replace any metal parts that are showing signs of rusting or corrosion (this includes tracks).
If you don’t like the idea of you performing maintenance task, you always have the best option to hire a professional garage door replacement Midlothian technician. They are well-trained to perform such tasks with the greatest efficiency.